Posted: June 23, 2021
When you order a tenant credit report on a rental applicant there are different messages you may receive. First you need to double check the accuracy of the information you entered to order the report. This information is displayed at the top of the report in a section labeled “Information Provided For Search”. A credit report is returned based on a match of some or all of the following information:
- First and Last Name
- Social Security Number
- Date of Birth
- Street Address
A Tenant Credit Report may display the following five results:
1. Complete Credit Report with a FICO score or grade
Social Security Number Matched Applicant: Yes
Excellent! You received a complete credit report with FICO score or grade. With this notification you know that the social security number matched the applicant’s name and you received a complete tenant credit report.
2. A completed Credit Report with FICO score and a Social Security Number Match: No, difference of one or two digits
Excellent! You received a complete tenant credit report with FICO score or grade. With this notification you know that the social security number was a very close match and there was a difference in only one or two digits, but we still returned a completed report.
There is no reason to call us or re-order the report.
3. Unable to Score with a Social Security Number Match: Yes
With this notification you know that the Social Security Number matched the applicant’s name but the applicant currently does not possess enough active accounts to generate a score. TransUnion states that an applicant must have at least 2 open and active accounts to generate a FICO score.
4. A No Hit report with Unable to Score and a Social Security Matched Applicant: No
With this notification TransUnion is stating that they do not have record of this Name and Social Security in their database. Here are some possible reasons why:
- The Social Security Number was input incorrectly. Please double check the signed Rental Application or call the applicant and confirm their social security number and the spelling of their first and last name as it appears on their government issued ID.
- The applicant just moved to the U.S.A. and was recently issued a U.S. Social Security Number and has not established enough active credit accounts.
- The applicant has paid cash all of his/her life and has not established any lines of credit.
- The applicant is young and has not established enough active credit accounts.
Please verify the applicant’s information and re-order the credit report with the correct data.
With this notification TransUnion is stating that they have record of this Name and Social Security in their database and that person is noted as deceased.
Please verify the applicant’s information and re-order the report with the correct data or email us at email@example.com.